[Breaking News] GABO: Get African Business Online; A Google, Chams,Upperlink and Nigeria Yellow pages Initiative
Why are some businesses not yet online? Is the cost of building a website too expensive? Or they just don’t know why they should get online. Get African Business Online (GABO) is designed to get African businesses online.
Google has partnered with 3 Nigerian companies to make it a reality for Small and medium -sized Enterprises to own a website. The programme is to get them online with just N1,500. The cost will be for the domain name (businessname.com.ng) and the business will get free web design and hosting. The programme is only available to selected 200 business who applied.
Do you own a small business or know a small business who is willing to pay N1,500 to get a site? Tell them to apply here now!
Why do I need a web site for my business?
- You can reach new customers
- Cut costs & save time by listing your products online – promote your products and services in a new and innovative way
- Get found by people looking online for the products & services you sell
- Any registered small business with an official CAC certificate.
- Business must be based in Lagos (we will roll out to other locations soon)
- Willing to pay N1500 for domain name registration
- Eager to transform your business by creating an online presence.
What do you get out of it?
- A simple website with unlimited number of pages
- We register your .com.ng domain name
- A customized business email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hosting for your web site
- Hands-on training during our workshop for selected businesses
- Technical support for 2 months after the workshop
What do you need to do to get started?
- Simply apply using the form on the page here.
- We will select 200 small businesses from all the applications received and provide more information on date, venue and other details.
- Application deadline is October 31, 2010. Late applications will not be accepted.
- This program is brought to you through a partnership between Google, Chams, Nigeria Yellow Pages and Upperlink.
What will this mean for web designers/developers? Web hosting companies? What will it translate for Google in the long run? It’s strategic! Let’s have your comment!
[Thanks to @funkeolaogun]